Thursday, July 2, 2009

June Reading Challenge Updates



Audiobook Challenge~ 11 of 12...I'm off to the library tonight to find that one special book to finish up this challenge. Suggestions anyone?

Be Inspired Challenge
~I read Manage your Time to Reduce your Stress by Rita Emmett and am trying earnestly to incorporate her methods into my lifestyle. Often times I am successful, but I was recently promoted and now have a new job and must adjust to a whole new set stressors.

Diversity Rocks Challenge~4 of 6...thinking of reading Native Speaker by Chang-Rae Lee next...

Read 'n Review Challenge~1 of 12...definitely need to step it up here! I'm going to begin just focusing on getting my initial reaction to the book with a brief summary written and perhaps provide links to other blogs with a more in-depth review for those seeking more.

Series Challenge~3.5 of 4, reading the final book (Extreme Measures) in Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp series. I should be finished this challenge by the end of July.

Support Your Local Library Challenge
~24 of 50 read...doing pretty well on this challenge, I'm checking out audiobooks much more often since I am on the road for about 4 hours a day sometimes.

Suspense 'n Thriller Challenge~7 of 12...no surprise here, I love my suspense thriller books!

TBR Challenge~ 3 of 12...and started Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan, so on my way to 4 of 12.

Casual Classics~ 1 of 4...read Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe.

eBook Reading Challenge
~ started 3 of 10...The Time Machine by H.G. Wells, also Dirty Angels by Christopher Tusa, Everything Twitter from Novice to Expert compiled by Steve Soho and Monica Jones (eBook), both Early Reviewer books received on Library Thing. Since these books are on my cell phone I typically read a bit here and there when I have down time.

Challenges I haven't started yet:


World Citizen Challenge~1/2 of 3...started reading Audacity of Hope, not sure if and when I will finish this book, looking for an interesting replacement.

In Their Shoes Reading Challenge

Mini Challenges~ Technically, I have started this challenge, but I still haven't blogged about the challenges completed yet.

0 comments

Post a Comment