2011 Original TBR (To Be Read) Challenge

Saturday, January 1, 2011

MizB is hosting the 2011 Original TBR (To Be Read) Challenge at MizB's Reading Challenges.
Visit there for more rules and FAQ's.

Goal: To read 12 books that have been on my TBR list for at least 6 months. 1/1/11 to 12/31/11.
I've created a list of the books I plan to read, however, I have the opportunity to choose from my list of alternates in case I decide that a particular book needs to remain in the TBR pile.

Primary TBR List
  1. The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino. This book is a mere 128 pages, but I still just can not commit to getting past page 10.  Perhaps I should just admit it's not my type of book, but it was recommended to me by someone as a 'must read' so I feel somewhat compelled to give it my attention. If I don't finish it this year, to the Moochpile it goes.
  2. Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen. Another book I want to read, started to read and kind of let it fall to the wayside. Perhaps I should watch the movie first...
  3. Love by Toni Morrison. I picked up the audio book from the library, but chose to listen to another book instead.  I'm positive that I will read this book as it is the first selection for my book club discussion.
  4. American Indian Myths and Legends by Richard Erdoes
  5. Breath, Eyes, Memory by Edwidge Dandicat
  6. Cane River by Lalita Tademy
  7. Nervous Conditions by Tsitsi Dangarembga
  8. Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts
  9. Buying a Fishing Rod for my Grandfather by Xingjian Gao
  10. The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory
  11. Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
  12. Grandmother's Secrets: The Ancient Rituals and Healing Power of Belly Dancing by Rosina-Fawzia B. Al-Rawi
The Alternates a.k.a. Back Up Plan
  1. Just Give Me a Cool Drink of Water 'Fore I Diiie by Maya Angelou
  2. Player Haters by Carl Weber
  3. What Looks Like Crazy by Pearl Cleage
  4. Cross Country by James Patterson
  5. I, Alex by James Patterson
  6. Kiss the Girls by James Patterson
  7. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone by J.K. Rowling
  8. Say You're One of Them by Uwem Apkan
  9. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
  10. Without Blood by Alessandro Barrico
  11. Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man by Steve Harvey
  12. Never Kiss and Tell by Tracie Howard


0 comments

Post a Comment