Visit there for more rules and FAQ's.
Goal: To read 12 books that have been on my TBR list for at least 6 months. 1/1/11 to 12/31/11.
I've created a list of the books I plan to read, however, I have the opportunity to choose from my list of alternates in case I decide that a particular book needs to remain in the TBR pile.
Primary TBR List
- The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino. This book is a mere 128 pages, but I still just can not commit to getting past page 10. Perhaps I should just admit it's not my type of book, but it was recommended to me by someone as a 'must read' so I feel somewhat compelled to give it my attention. If I don't finish it this year, to the Moochpile it goes.
- Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen. Another book I want to read, started to read and kind of let it fall to the wayside. Perhaps I should watch the movie first...
- Love by Toni Morrison. I picked up the audio book from the library, but chose to listen to another book instead. I'm positive that I will read this book as it is the first selection for my book club discussion.
- American Indian Myths and Legends by Richard Erdoes
- Breath, Eyes, Memory by Edwidge Dandicat
- Cane River by Lalita Tademy
- Nervous Conditions by Tsitsi Dangarembga
- Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts
- Buying a Fishing Rod for my Grandfather by Xingjian Gao
- The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory
- Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Grandmother's Secrets: The Ancient Rituals and Healing Power of Belly Dancing by Rosina-Fawzia B. Al-Rawi
The Alternates a.k.a. Back Up Plan
- Just Give Me a Cool Drink of Water 'Fore I Diiie by Maya Angelou
- Player Haters by Carl Weber
- What Looks Like Crazy by Pearl Cleage
- Cross Country by James Patterson
- I, Alex by James Patterson
- Kiss the Girls by James Patterson
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone by J.K. Rowling
- Say You're One of Them by Uwem Apkan
- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
- Without Blood by Alessandro Barrico
- Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man by Steve Harvey
- Never Kiss and Tell by Tracie Howard