Guidelines: There are two ways for a book to qualify for the South Asian Challenge
- A book must be by a South Asian author. For these purposes, South Asia includes the following countries: India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, and the Maldives. There are no limitations on what the book can be about.
- A book must be about South Asia. In this case, it can be set in a South Asian country or be about South Asians living abroad. It can also be a biography or memoir of a South Asian, or of a non-South Asian traveling or working in South Asia. In this case, the author does not need to be South Asian, as long as the subject matter focuses on the region, peoples, or cultures in some way.
- South Asian Encounter - 1 book
- South Asian Wanderer - 3 books
- South Asian Explorer - 5 books
- South Asian Adventurer - 7 books
- South Asian Hero/Heroine - 10 books
- South Asian Guru - Over 10 books (you can set your own goal)