Out with a Bang Read-A-Thon

Thursday, December 30, 2010


Although I did not read nearly as much as I wanted to this year, I am proud to say that so far I've completed half of the reading challenges I signed up to complete by 12/31/10.  The Bookish Type is hosting the Out with a Bang Readathon which I plan on participating in so that hopefully I can manage to improve my record above the .50 line.  Quite awhile back I mentioned how playing games on Facebook was eating into my reading time...sad to say that hasn't changed--I'm hopelessly addicted to Facebook and those time-wasting games. Anyway, here's where I am with my 2010 challenges:

Successfully Completed
  • DelGal's Cookbook Challenge: 2 of 2 cookbooks read
  • Thriller & Suspense Reading Challenge: 12 of 12 thrilling books read
  • 2010 Chunkster Challenge: 3 of 3 chubby books read
  • Buy One Book and Read It: 7 of 6 books bought and read
  • Audiobook Challenge: Listened to 7 books, only 6 were required
  • Read the Book, See the Movie Challenge: 2 books read and 2 movies seen

Not Quite...
  • The African Diaspora Challenge: 6 of 8 books read...almost there!
  • Support Your Local Library Challenge: 12 of 25 books read
  • South Asian Author Challenge: 1 of 3 books read
  • 2010 Global Challenge: 5 of 12 books read
  • Fangtastic Fiction Challenge: 2 of 8 bloody books read
  • RYOB: I read 14 books of the 25 books required
  • TwentyTen Challenge:  10 of 20 books. I still need to read 2 YA, 1 from my TBR pile, 2 books published in 2010, 2 books recommended from another blogger,  1 book bought in 2010, and 2 books published before my birth year.

Will Not Complete
  • 2010 Mixology
  • Black Classics Reading Challenge
Perpetual Challenges
The Stephen King/Richard Bachman Challenge: I read 2 Stephen King books this year.

My Big Bang
I hope to at least finish up The Living Blood by Tananarive Due. This will go toward the Support Your Local Library Challenge and The African Diaspora Challenge.  It won't be enough to finish out the challenges...but I still think I did pretty darn good this year overall.  Looking forward to doing even better in 2011.

0 comments

Post a Comment