Library Loot~ Organize this

Monday, March 2, 2009

I picked up several books to help me in my ongoing quest of becoming totally organized and reducing clutter. In the next few months I plan to move and really want to get a better handle on maintaining a clutter free environment, committing to a planned budget, and just managing my life in a more proactive manner.

Manage Your Time to Reduce Your Stress: A Handbook for the Overworked, Overscheduled, and the Overwhelmed by Rita Emmett~ This is not really the book I wanted by this author, but The Procrastinator's Handbook was only available in audiobook. I do like this book because she uses a lot of case studies, offers simple yet effective excercises in each chapter, and has an almost conversational writing style...not too wordy or technical. Topics include controlling stress, trashing perfectionism, reducing and streamlining tasks, setting boundaries, and recharging your battery.

Take Back your Life: Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 to get organized and stay organized by Sally McGhee and John Wittry~ I have my Outlook synced to my Centro and use it faithfully to try and stay on track...hopefully this book will provide more methods or tips to improve the system I have in place.

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Organizing your Life
by Georgene Lockwood~ This book's format is appealing...short focused chapters, specific suggestions, and content focusing more on personal organization as opposed to work place organization, which was the focus on the books available at the library.

1 comment

Amy said...

i need those books! lol
my schedule is so hectic that i just write down everything i need to do or i'll forget.
-amy

Post a Comment