Moving along like molasses~February updates

Saturday, February 28, 2009




Progress on Reading Challenges


Audiobook Challenge~ 3 of 12...I did not finish Barack Obama's The Audacity of Hope and chose not to renew it from the library at this time. The first few chapters concentrated heavily on politics, democrats, republicans, and the constitution and was quite a struggle for me to stay focused. So, I needed a break! I'm hoping to borrow The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan when I next visit the library

Be Inspired Challenge
~Currently reading Manage your Time to Reduce your Stress by Rita Emmett

Diversity Rocks Challenge~1 of 6...reading Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe and Memories of my Melancholy Whores by Gabriel Marquez

Read 'n Review Challenge~1 of 12...definitely need to step it up here! I'm going to begin just focusing on getting my initial reaction to the book with a brief summary written and perhaps provide links to other blogs with a more in-depth review for those seeking more.

Series Challenge~1 of 4, reading Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp series...thought I'd be further along in this challenge, but Executive Power took a lot longer to read than anticipated. Next up--Memorial Day.

Support Your Local Library Challenge
~8 of 50 read...doing pretty well on this challenge, just have to catch up on those reviews. 3 additional books checked out--Taking Back your Life, Manage your Time to Reduce your Stress, and The Complete Idiot's Guide to Organizing your Life (do ya see a pattern here?)

Suspense 'n Thriller Challenge~2 of 12...reading chapters of Dean Koontz's Watchers here and there.

TBR Challenge~ 1 of 12...finished Executive Power, started Audacity of Hope (to be continued later), working on Fault Line, Watchers and Memorial Day, plan to borrow The Joy Luck Club audiobook.

World Citizen Challenge~1/2 of 3...started reading Audacity of Hope.

Challenges I haven't started yet:

Casual Classics

eBook Reading Challenge


In Their Shoes Reading Challenge

Mini Challenges~ Technically, I have started this challenge, but I haven't blogged about the challenges completed yet.

0 comments

Post a Comment