It's Monday! What are you Reading? ~ 1/25/10

Monday, January 25, 2010




I can't believe I've only finished 2 books so far this year! Last January I completed 5 books.  If I'm going to have any success at the 16 or so challenges I signed up for then I've got to spend more time in my cozy chair.

Today, I read another chapter of Red, White and Drunk All Over: A Wine Soaked Journey from Grape to Glass by Natalie MacLean and am truly enjoying that book. She has a unique way of describing wines in a vivid, visual manner that hones in on how the wine makes you feel as opposed to the typical taste and aroma terms.  I've picked up on a few interesting new facts about wine too and find it much easier to remember these tidbits of information when I recall it in conjunction with her stories.

I'm also reading Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen and it's ok so far.  It was a book I've been meaning to read and it's been sitting on my shelf for ages.  The movie is in my DVD collection, so I figured I'd give it a shot and check off another book read for the Read the Book, Watch the Movie Challenge.

Conjure Woman by Charles W. Chestnutt is a book that I'm slowly working through. It's downloaded on my cell phone, so I read it when I have downtime here and there. 

I gave up on Malinche by Laura Esquivel for now. Like Water for Chocolate is one of my all time favorite books and I was expecting a love story equally as enchanting with Malinche...but that's not the case.  So, eventually I will pick it back up again, but not right now.

So, that's all for me.  I will spend my last hour before bed reading Red, White and Drunk All Over.

Nighty Night and good reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got off to a late start this month and am having to make up for it now. :( I am basically eating, sleeping, drinking books.

Keesh said...

I wish I had the time to eat, sleep, and drink books! But I have to admire you, although you may be off to a late start you do a great job with keeping your blog and tweets on a roll. I think you're doing great :-)

Post a Comment