In their Shoes Reading Challenge 2009

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Since I have added a couple of memoirs to my TBR, I decided to go ahead and join the In Their Shoes Reading Challenge hosted by Scrap Girl. According to the rules, you do not need to create a list or read a specified number of books. The selected books, however, must be either a memoir, autobiography, or biography. The challenge runs from 1/1/09-12/31/09.

Goal: To read at least 3 memoirs/autobiographies/biographies

My list, which is subject to change:

  • My Forbidden Face-- Growing up Under the Taliban: A Young Woman's Story by Latifah
  • The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama
  • Kaffir Boy by Mark Mathabane
  • Welcome to my Country by Lauren Slater
What are some of your favorite, must-read memoirs/(auto)biographies? I would love to hear some of your suggestions.

2 comments:

Vasilly said...

I can't to read your reviews! Thanks for joining the challenge!

Two of my favorite memoirs are Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott and Comfort by Ann Hood.

Keesh said...

Thanks for the suggestions.

Post a Comment