Sunday Salon~Fresh Start

Sunday, January 4, 2009




Fly, Eagles Fly on the road to victory...






I must start with a huge shout out of congratulations to my Philadelphia Eagles for their awesome win over the Minnesota Vikings. What a wonderful way to start off the new year! The look of disgust, mixed with a little apprehension dare I say, on my uncle's face was priceless. He's a Giant fan and the rivalry amongst the Eagle vs Giants fans in my family is fierce! I can't wait until next week's East Coast brawl.


The Sunday Salon.com

I started off this morning by reading up to page 22 of Rivalry: A Geisha's Tale by Nagai Kafu and it's really much more exciting than I expected. I thought the story would take a while to progress but much has already been revealed about the main characters and their motives, I can't wait to see how this all plays out. I must admit, besides browsing through the first chapter of Executive Power by Vince Flynn and The Coffee Trader by David Liss, I didn't get much reading done today because I was trying to start this new year off right, by getting organized. Well, actually I just made a list of the things I need to do in order to get organized (smile). I've still got a ways to go. But, I did get the main morning time drainer taken care of...styling my two youngest daughters hair!

Besides staying current with all of my 2009 Challenges, I do plan on:

  1. Not letting my To Be Reviewed list go beyond 3. Right now I have 8 to do. I need to develop a little template just so I can have something posted, then elaborate later on if I feel the need.
  2. Buy a new book case for the shelfless books, smashed together in cardboard boxes piled high next to my computer. Oh, I'm so lucky these books can't call Literary Services on me for abuse.
  3. Looking through all of my cook books and donating ones I will never/have never used. In addition, I will NOT buy any more cook books, except for Daisy Cooks by Daisy Martinez. Of the cook books that remain, I plan to--no, I commit to make a recipe from one book at least once 3 times per month.
  4. Reading to my younger daughters more and continuing to take all my girls to the library bi-weekly. I can't wait to read my favorites of the books I purchased for them at Christmas-- I Love My Hair by Natasha Harpley and Dancing in the Wings by Debbie Allen.
To sum up, the books I plan to read so far this month are:

4 comments:

Ali said...

Hey, Keesh, I'm awarding you the Kreativ Blogger award for Best New Blog. Congratulations!

Keesh said...

Wow, thanks so much Ali! That really put a smile on my face, I feel more enthusiastic about this new blogging experience. This creative outlet is exactly the break I need from my somewhat stressful work. Now, I'm going to enjoy looking for new recipients...that's the fun part too, looking at the huge variety of unique and interesting blogs.

Dani in NC said...

No links for the books you are going to read? Bummer. I'm interested in the book "I Love My Hair". Is it a novel? Who is the author?

Keesh said...

Ooops! I didn’t even realize I didn’t leave author information for those two books or links. I’m still in the process of tweaking my page and that is exactly the type of feedback I need to make it better! Thanks for pointing that out Dani.

Post a Comment